South Lake Tahoe Attractions
Enjoy all of the attractions that Lake Tahoe has to offer with the peace of mind that you saved money on a Marriott Lake Tahoe timeshare resale or rental from GrandResidenceTimeshare.com. Buy or rent one of these desirable properties with expert, unbiased advice from our timeshare resale specialists and start taking advantage of Lake Tahoe’s many attractions.
You will love the many South Lake Tahoe attractions, perfect for a family summer vacation. With water sports, golf, shopping, dining, and much more, all within a short distance, this resort is ideal. Enjoy fun-filled vacations year after year with a fractional ownership at Marriott Grand Residence Club Lake Tahoe.
There’s no time to waste — get your gear, your friends, and your adventure hat, and hit Lake Tahoe for some excitement and adrenaline. With water sports galore, you, friends, and family can have the time of your life river rafting, kayaking, jet skiing, or paddle boarding. Try scuba diving, wakeboarding, or tubing — you won’t run out of fun things to do!
If you are looking for a water activity that is a little bit calmer, try simply swimming at the local beaches. You can also take a cruise along the beautiful, 72-mile shoreline. Rent your own boat, and take a picnic on the water. These pristine waters offer spectacular views and scenery unlike any other.
Water isn’t the only fun thing to do in Lake Tahoe. Nearby, find 6 golf courses, each with beautiful views and its own set of challenges. Take your clubs and your hat, and head to your course of choice.
- Bijou Municipal Golf Course
- Carson Valley Golf Course
- Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course
- Genoa Lakes Golf Resort
- Lake Tahoe Golf Course
- Tahoe Paradise Golf Course
Winter is one of the best seasons to visit Lake Tahoe, especially if you love to ski. The region averages more than 350 inches of snow per year, and boasts the largest downhill skiing vertical drop on the west coast. Take your family and your friends for a wild ride down these beautiful mountains, and enjoy some of the best ski resorts in the world.
- Alpine Meadows Ski Resort
- Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort
- Mt. Rose-Ski Tahoe
- Northstar California
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort
- Squaw Valley
There is shopping galore at Lake Tahoe, whether you like clothes, furniture, or trinkets. A great rainy day activity, shopping in the area will not disappoint. Check out some of the outlets for great deals and awesome purchases.
- Factory Outlet Stores at the Y offer low prices and beautiful scenery. It hosts stores such as Van Heusen, Izod, Bass Shoes, Nine West, and more.
- Ski Run Marina offers boutique shops, art galleries, and restaurants. This is a great spot for the whole family.
- The Shops at Heavenly Villa, showcase fashion, good food, and Lake Tahoe fun. It is located close to the Heavenly Gondola.
Lake Tahoe Excursions
If you are looking for some more unusual activities to do at Lake Tahoe, there are a variety of interesting sites in the surrounding area.
- Vikingsholm Castle: explore a 1929 example of Scandinavian architecture in the west
- Emerald Bay: great for hiking and exquisite views of the lake
- The Gondola at Heavenly: take a ride 2.4 miles up the mountain for a spectacular view
- D.L. Bliss State Park: enjoy fantastic beaches and popular hiking trails
- Tallac Historic Site: tour summer homes of those who lived in the gilded age
- Fallen Leaf Lake and Lake Tahoe Basin: visit awe-inspiring natural sites
- Taylor Creek Visitor Center: observe salmon spawning and enjoy aquarium exhibits
There is no need to go hungry in Lake Tahoe, with dining options from 4-star restaurants to all-you-can-eat-buffets. Find something that works for the whole family, from your pickiest eater to your most adventurous.
- Cutthroat’s Saloon: Try their jalapeño cheddar cheeseburger and French onion soup.
- The Beacon Bar and Grill: Known for their European-inspired American fare, you won’t be disappointed.
- Lone Eagle Grill: Enjoy American-style cuisine and their signature drink, the Golden Eagle.
- The Soule Domain: Partake of delicious vegetarian and vegan options, as well as high-quality fish and steak.
- Austin’s Restaurant: Eat American cuisine with fresh ingredients, and locally-sourced food.